First Glance: Colorado Buffaloes 5 The Aggies are heading to the Mile High City
September 8, 2021 5:28AM CDT
What You Need to Know:
- The Aggies are expected to remain in the top 6 of the AP Poll following a 41-10 home opener win against Kent State.
- Colorado defeated Northern Colorado 35-7 last Friday in their season opener.
- Go check out The Ralphie Report for the latest on CU Football.
- Texas A&M is currently a 17.5-point favorite.
- These teams squared off nine times between 1995 and 2009, with Colorado winning six meetings. The Buffs have scoreboard on a 35-34 win in Boulder in 2009.
- Famous Colorado alum include Chris Fowler, John Wooten, and the South Park guys. Leave others I missed in the comments.
- Colorado features a live buffalo mascot. Ten years ago, she sent sideline reporter Jim Knox for a ride. Ralphie is actually a lady, and they are breaking in a new mascot, Ralphie VI, this season.
What To Watch For:
- Runnin’ the Dang Bawl. Colorado ran it nearly 50 times to only 15 pass plays in their opener while holding NoCo to 20 rushing yards. Something may give on Saturday.
- Too Picky. Freshman phenom Haynes King tossed a trio of interceptions in his first start. He’s going to need to clean this up on the road against an opportunistic PAC-12 defense.
- Rocky Mountain High – Dear Old Ags traveling the mountains for the first time: your budtender may implore you to proceed with caution. Caution is for the timid: chew those gummies like they were full of horse paste.
- Venue: Empower Field at Mile High
- Game Time: 2:30 p.m. Saturday, September 11
- Station: FOX
- High of 87, partly cloudy. Football weather.